For the past year, I have said that I was going to start this blog and begin on my journey to simplifying my life once and for all. Each day passes, and I still haven’t started. Why? There are many excuses that I can come up with off the top of my head like:
- I’m so busy now, I really don’t have time to do this
- I’m working 9+ hour days at work each day and driving over an hour (to and from) each day
- I’m trying to get caught up on my clients with my photography and we all know fall season is the busiest
- I’m the Even Co-Chair for Relay For Life of Springboro and that takes up what free time I have after work, photography and family
- I’m afraid of being laughed at or worse yet, failure
That last one really is what has had me stop and say “maybe a different day I’ll begin”. So consumed and worried about what others may think or feel when they see how non-simplified my life really is right now and afraid they will laugh at me as they watch me try to regain control and simplify everything and regain control of my happiness.
Yesterday, I was listening to my favorite radio station and what I heard was “We want others to like us because we don’t like ourselves. Put yourself first! Like yourself and say no to people. Understand YOU! When you say no to someone else, you are actually saying YES to yourself!” E.D.
How ironic those words were spoken yesterday and even more ironic, I wrote them on a sticky note and have them sitting on my desk where I’ve stared at them all day.
So for now, during my quick lunch break, I am taking time for ME to start this blog, for it is time, I WILL Begin Today!
If you are in need of taking control of your life, your hectic schedule, and find that happiness again, you’re in the right place! We begin now! Stay tuned for more information on an awesome challenge I am creating, right now it’s in the beginning stages and I’m looking for interested parties to join me on this epic journey of daily happiness.
Your homework for now is to take a deep breath and repeat after me…I can and WILL simplify my life and I WILL begin today!